A Civil Approach To Family Law
Hicks Crandall Juhl PC represents clients in all aspects of family law and divorce in Fairfax and throughout northern Virginia.
The following are examples of the types of issues we handle:
- Divorce: There are two paths a divorce can follow in Virginia: fault and no fault. The vast majority of couples follow the no-fault path, which involves living separately for a year before filing for divorce.
- Child custody and visitation: Our lawyers will help you resolve child custody and parenting time issues during your separation and after.
- Child support: We handle all child support issues, from new petitions to modifications and terminations.
- Spousal maintenance: Few issues in divorce are more difficult or unpredictable than alimony.
- Property division: Our attorneys handle complex equitable distribution and property division matters, including valuation of businesses and complex pension divisions.
- Prenuptial agreements: Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements provide an amicable way to protect your financial interests in case of divorce.
Positive Outcomes Through Negotiation
In almost all family law cases, it is better for both parties to work on an agreement, especially if you have limited assets. The opportunity to present your story to a judge is rarely worth the emotional and financial costs of a trial. On the other hand, if you have important assets to protect or child custody issues that you cannot resolve by agreement, we will zealously represent you at trial and appeal.